Top 7 Things to See & Do in Ghana
Ghana is a rich and diverse country with a vibrant culture and a wealth of attractions. Here are some of the best things to see and do in Ghana:
- Visit the Kakum National Park: This park is home to one of the tallest canopy walks in the world, offering stunning views of the surrounding forest and wildlife.
- Explore the Cape Coast and Elmina Castles: These castles, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites, were once used as slave trading posts and offer a sobering look at the country’s history.
- Take a walk through the lively Labadi Beach: This popular beach in Accra is a hub of activity, with vendors selling food, drinks, and souvenirs, as well as live music and performances.
- Visit the Aburi Botanical Gardens: These beautiful gardens, located just outside Accra, are home to a diverse collection of plants and trees, as well as a charming 19th-century cottage.
- Explore the Ashanti Kingdom: The Ashanti Kingdom is a historic and cultural heartland of Ghana, and a visit here offers a glimpse into the country’s rich cultural heritage. Don’t miss the stunning Manhyia Palace Museum, which showcases the Ashanti monarchy’s rich history and traditions.
- Learn about local culture at the Arts Center: The Arts Center in Accra is a vibrant hub of cultural activity, offering visitors a chance to see traditional and contemporary art, music, and dance from Ghana and beyond.
- Visit the Mole National Park: This large park, located in northern Ghana, is home to a diverse array of wildlife, including elephants, antelopes, warthogs, and baboons.
These are just a few examples of the many attractions and activities available in Ghana. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, nature, or just soaking up the local atmosphere, you’re sure to find something to suit your interests in this vibrant and diverse country.