Airline Ticket Codes
Airline booking codes are a series of letters and/or numbers used by airlines to identify different types of fares and ticket classes. These codes are used to categorize and differentiate between different fare options, such as economy, business, or first class, and can also indicate various restrictions and conditions associated with each fare.
Here are some common airline booking codes and what they typically represent:
- Y, B, M, H, Q, K, L, U: These codes are typically used to designate different fare classes within economy class. For example, “Y” is often used for full-fare economy, “B” is used for discount economy, and “M” is used for a mid-range economy fare.
- J, C, D, R: These codes are used to designate different fare classes within business class. “J” is typically the highest fare class for business class, while “C” and “D” are lower fare classes. “R” is often used for a premium economy class.
- F, A: These codes are used to designate first class. “F” is often used for a full-fare first class ticket, while “A” is used for a discounted first class ticket.
- W: This code is used to designate a premium economy fare. This type of fare typically offers more spacious seating and other amenities compared to regular economy class.
- X, V, E: These codes are used to designate different types of premium fares, such as premium economy or business class. “X” is often used for a premium economy fare, while “V” and “E” are used for premium business class fares.
Airline Class of Service Codes
A – First Class Discounted
B – Economy/Coach – Usually an upgradable fare to Business
C – Business Class
D – Business Class Discounted
E – Shuttle Service (no reservation allowed) or Economy/Coach Discounted
F – First Class
G – Conditional Reservation
H – Economy/Coach Discounted – Usually an upgradable fare to Business
J – Business Class Premium
K – Economy/Coach Discounted
L – Economy/Coach Discounted
M – Economy/Coach Discounted – Usually an upgradable fare to Business
N – Economy/Coach Discounted
P – First Class Premium
Q – Economy/Coach Discounted
R – First Class Suite or Supersonic (discontinued)
S – Economy/Coach
T – Economy/Coach Discounted
U – Shuttle Service (no reservation needed/seat guaranteed)
V – Economy/Coach Discounted
W – Economy/Coach Premium
X – Economy/Coach Discounted
Y – Economy/Coach
Z – Business Class Discounted